Add a Person
Day Tour Reservations

The Ride to Ensenada
Border Crossing
The Party
The Perks

Partners & Sponsors
Buy T-Shirts & Photos
Contact Us

Facebook Twitter YouTube



Wondering what the rules are to get back in the USA after causing trouble in Mexico?!
Read below for the most current "land travel" documentation requirements when
crossing the USA/Mexico border

San Ysidro, CA USA - Tijuana, BC MEX
Questions? arowland@ypresorts.com 702.968.2966


When crossing from USA to Mexico by Car or Motorcycle you will require all of the following documentation:

  •   Valid US Drivers License
  •   Valid Registration
  •   Mexican Liability Insurance **

When you are crossing back into the USA from Mexico you will require one (1) of the following four (4) options:

  OFFICIALLY  - On June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, will be required to present one (1) of the travel documents listed below.

1.  U.S. Passport - This is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies a person's identity and nationality. It is accepted for travel by air, land and sea.

2.  U.S. Passport Card - This is a new, limited-use travel document that fits in your wallet and costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea.

3.  Enhanced Driver's License (EDL) - Several states and Canadian provinces are issuing this driver's license or identification document that denotes identity and citizenship. It is specifically designed for cross-border travel into the U.S. by land or sea.

UN-OFFICIALLY - Prior to the Official June 1, 2009 requirement a copy of your Birth Certificate and a Valid Drivers License were acceptable documents for re-entry back into the US. It has been reported that approximately 30% of persons are still crossing with a Birth Certificate and a Valid Drivers License. However, you will experience additional questioning, most likely a secondary inspection, and receive some type of verbal or written notice about the new requirements.

4.  Valid Drivers License & Copy of Birth Certificate.

** A few US insurance providers will extend collision and comprehensive coverage into Mexico, but the only valid liability insurance in Mexico is one that is issued by a Mexican Carrier. Liability Insurance is mandatory in Mexico and must be issued by a Mexican Carrier! Please use the link below to purchase now online.


Welcome to Baja Bound Insurance Services! Baja Bound makes it easy to buy Mexican insurance from underwriters you can trust.

Click Here  http://www.bajabound.com